Discover the seamless integration of classic analog sounds with digital flexibility in the latest collaboration between MOD Audio and Colombo Audio Electronics.
This partnership brings together the best of both worlds, combining the distinctive analog tones Colombo is renowned for with the innovative digital capabilities of MOD Audio’s platform.
Colombo Audio Electronics has carved out a reputation for crafting pedals that deliver the warmth and richness only analog can offer. Their hand-built pedals are a tribute to the golden era of rock, known for their robustness and expressive sound.
MOD Audio is at the cutting edge of digital audio processing, offering a dynamic range of sounds and effects through an intuitive digital interface. Our technology provides musicians with the tools to explore and create without limits.
The result of this partnership is a unique collection of digital plugins that capture the essence of Colombo’s analog pedals. Musicians can now enjoy the classic tones they love with the convenience and versatility of digital technology. It’s an alliance that respects tradition while embracing the future of music production.
Plexi Breed is a pedal capable of reproducing the sound of the amp heads that made rock history. The sounds of the plexi amps heads have been widely used for a long time and were used by most of our guitar heroes.
The pedal uses two parallel gain stages with individual gain settings:
- Normal: sets the gain of the Normal channel, characterized by a strong body response and a unique punch on the low-end frequencies
- High Treble: sets the gain of the brightest channel focused on the mid-high frequencies
The plugins contains three different Plexi models and a toggle switch on the Plexi Breed allows you to select the 3 best known Plexi amps by simply moving this lever.
- JTM recreates the circuitry of the JTM45 evoking, above all, the reaction of the rectifier valve, giving to the guitarist the typical sag attributed to this valve in the power supply circuit
- 1959, recreates the sound of the 100W Plexi named 1959. A powerful amp with a very high headroom and a very detailed focus
- 1987, recreates the features of the 1987 50W Plexi, different from the 100W in order to obtain a slightly more pronounced distortion and an even faster attack
Rocker 83 is a distortion pedal conceived and developed by Colombo Audio Electronics with the intention of offering to all guitarists the possibility of obtaining the guitar tone of the 80s in its excellence, reminiscent of Rockman X100 pocket-amp*.
It offers the same simple controls interface as a normal guitar distortion box which, unlike the original X100 unit which with no controls, you can obtain different shades for a more precise adjustment to your guitar tone.
The pedal has two different levels of distortion selectable by the Edge/Dist switch, offering two different distortion ranges: “Edge” produces a mellow crunch tone, perfect for rhythm works; “Dist” is more juicy, full of harmonics and sustain.
Lead Trilogy is a distortion pedal with a strong British flavor, it refers to the hi-gain Marshall* heads produced in the 80s and 90s, a time when the guitar played a predominant role in many genres, not only in rock context.
The manufacturer of these amplifiers does not fail to re-propose these heads, which have now become a cult object.
The goal of the pedal is to recreate the sounds of these 3 amps in a compact format, a fully analog circuitry and a design optimized to be plugged to the input jack of the vast majority of amps set to a clean sound.
- Jubilee mode: Thanks to the reconstruction of the particular asymmetrical clipping circuit found on the original head, its typical character rich in upper harmonics with a sharp and creamy focus is achieved.
- 800 mode: Characterized by a loud voice, full of mid frequencies, which, combined to his direct response is able to cut through the mix of any rock band.
- 900 mode: It generates a pronounced distortion, loaded with compression and sustain, offering a pungent yet crisp and warm response, particularly highlighting the vibrato technique during lead lines.
*Product names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders that do not endorse and are not associated or affiliated with MOD Audio or Colombo Audio Electronics; they were used merely to identify the product whose sound was incorporated in the creation of this plugin.